This butter beef fillet roast is very delicious. Me and my husband love beef and we love roasts. Who doesn’t like a delicious, saucy, buttery roast that just melts in your mouth the moment you eat it.
This is a very simple recipe that is easy to make and for every beginner. This is a recipe by my husband, who is a genuis when it comes to roasts.
My husbands mushroom sauce is a winner too! We made it for my mom right before we immigrated and she loved it too!
- 350g Beef Fillet
- 30ml Butter Melted
- Coarse Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 200 Degrees Celsius.
- Put Coarse salt and pepper on both sides of the beef fillet roast.
- Brush some melted butter on the beef fillet roast.
- Place a thermometer into the beef fillet roast and place in the oven uncovered.
- Wait for about 30min. and brush some butter over again.
- If the thermometer reach 71 Degrees Celsius the fillet roast is ready.
- Let it rest and cut up and serve!
Vernon’s mushroom sauce:
- 10-15 mushrooms cut up into pieces
- Fine Black Pepper
- 30ml Butter
- 15ml Full Cream Fresh Milk
- In a pot add the butter.
- Add the mushrooms and fry till they become soft.
- Add the fine black pepper and fry some more.
- Add the milk and let it fry till the milk thicken and the sauce consistency is thicker.
- Serve and enjoy!